Is it worth marketing on Facebook?
Facebook Marketing – “To Be” Or “Not To Be”
Facebook is one platform which has broken all the barriers of social representation, outlook & linkage; to become the ultimate source of connectivity.
To add to that; Facebook has come up with the most unique & un-pestering ways to help businesses reach their target audience smoothly.
Hence, keeping in mind the immense popularity amongst the masses; there has been a strong rise in businesses joining Facebook. These marketers are using every means possible such as buying likes, paid ads, and many more to reach out to their target audience.
While many are seen to be getting a lot of business via Facebook, the rest of the lot is seen to be failing to achieve success.
That’s majorly happening because these failed businesses are seen to be blindly following the footsteps of others without even knowing the ‘hows-&-whats’ of their doings!
So with the increasing records of failures, it has created a huge doubt amongst the whole bunch of marketers and is making them wonder if;
Is it actually worth marketing on Facebook?
To begin with, YES – it is extremely important to have an active presence on Facebook.
A latest survey conducted by iStrategyLabs revealed that, the demographics of Facebook has changed drastically. The users of the age group 13-24 have either left Facebook or just don’t visit it anymore. Now on the other hand, there has been a sharp rise in the usage of Facebook amongst the age groups 25 to 54 years.iStrategyLabs revealed that, the demographics of Facebook has changed drastically. The users of the age group 13-24 have either left Facebook or just don’t visit it anymore. Now on the other hand, there has been a sharp rise in the usage of Facebook amongst the age groups 25 to 54 years.
Does this mean that Facebook has lost its charm?
Look at it this way, the initial users of Facebook i.e. ‘13-24 year olds;’ although were pioneers to make Facebook what it now is. But the fact remained that these ‘pioneers’ survived majorly on pocket money and didn’t have much riches to spend!
This, in actuality was bad for businesses marketing themselves, right!
Now with the demographics changing and 25 to 54 year olds entering Facebook; the spending capacity of the Facebook users is increasing drastically.
Thus, making it even more necessary to be on Facebook!
So what are the ‘do’s-&-don’ts’ of marketing via Facebook?
Like always, marketing tricks remain the same only the way it is presented keeps changing!
So if you wish to reach out to your audience before and more than your competitors, you need to make sure your ideas are out-of-the-box!
Having said that, below mentioned are some of the basic yet most important Do’s-&-Don’ts to market your business on Facebook: –
- A Facebook page is your business’s identity on the social platform; use it wisely.
- Content is King! So keep posting relevant content that keeps the users engaged such as articles relevant to your area of business, images with quotes & videos (funny & / or inspirational), important info about your industry, etc!
- Keeping social media interactive always helps; so make sure to have someone regularly talking to the followers and most importantly taking feedback from them.
- Posts must be strategized; depending on the time at which you’re posting, daily events across the world, etc!
- Keep rolling out interesting contests, quizzes & offers (if & when possible) which followers can relate to!
- Make sure you are reaching out to the right audience; or you will never get the desired response!
- Never make your page sound boring, uninteresting; pestering & monotonous; you will lose your followers!
- Make sure not to copy your content from others; keep it unique!
- Your posts should not always be just sell, sell & sell and should also have other light content!
- Never have thousands of bought likes; users are very smart and will immediately notice it!
All-in-All, social media or rather Facebook is one platform which has immense potential to drive enough business for you to solely rely on. But that is only possible if you know how to play your cards well.
Do you Want us to manage your social media accounts?
Write to us at [email protected] for a quote